Cost of Treatment and Ways to Pay
Treatment...................$1250.00* to $1650.00
TOTAL COST $1345.00 to $1745.00 (effective March 1st, 2019)
The range in treatment fees is based on the dosage of I-131 that your cat requires. Your cat's dose can only be determined by examining the cat in person.
0.5 to 5.0 mCi.................$1250.00 (80% of cats we treat receive less than 5.0 mCi.)
5.01 to 10 mCi.................$1450.00
10.01 to 15 mCi...............$1650.00 (The rare cat with a markely elevated T4 (>25 ug/dl) )
The treatment fee includes the entire period of hospitalization .This examination and treatment fee will need to be paid when your cat is left for treatment.
We accept :
- All major credits cards, including Discover and American Express.
- Checks are not accepted.
- Cash (Our Tacoma location requires exact change if you plan to pay with cash.)
- If you would like to use Care Credit, you may apply ahead of time at www.carecredit.com. We honor the 6-month, interest-free payment plan.
- If you have Trupanion Pet Insurance, they are able to reimburse us directly so that you do not have to pay for the treatment out-of-pocket.
- You will be responsible for the $95.00 consultation exam cost
- You will need to be pre-approved for I-131 treatment prior to your visit. Start the pre-approval process via Trupanion's website and we will be happy to provide you with a formal estimate for Trupanion to review.
Follow-up involves returning your cat to your primary care veterinarian at 1 and 3 months after treatment for a physical examination and follow-up blood tests to determine if the thyroid has returned to normal. The fees for this will be based on what is done and are separate from the 131I therapy. A form will be completed by your primary care veterinarian and faxed to us. Should we see any concerns, we will contact your veterinarian. Your veterinarian will report the results to you.
For Cats Flying in from Alaska, or out of state...
Once your cat arrives from the airport, we will immediately check their blood pressure. This helps us evaluate their cardiac state and if the blood pressure is too high, we can intervene medically.
Treatment...................$1250.00 to $1650.00
We will retreat most cases at no additional charge*within 12 months of the original treatment date if the hyperthyroid state is not resolved with the initial treatment.
To be eligible for this "no additional charge" option, you MUST have had the required 1 and 3 month rechecks after I-131 therapy has been completed. These tests should be completed within the prescribed 3 month post-treatment period. Should unforseen circumstances arise during that 3 month time period, an additional 3 months grace period will be allowed. If the 2 follow-up rechecks have not been successfully completed within 6 months of I131 treatment, any cat who then appears to require a second I131 treatmen will NOT QUALIFY FOR THE NO ADDITIONAL COST OPTION but will be considered a recurrence and there will be a fee equaling 50% of the original treatment fee.
*May not apply to cats with very large thryoid tumors that require a 2nd treatment